Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh the Places You'll Go!

Ah! The guilt for not having posted in at least a couple weeks eats away at me.
Egads!
Time is flying by, wedding season is in full bloom, and my kids get out of school this week already! SUMMER--I truly love thee.
to the fullest.
One of my favorite things to do every spring, is plan my Church's grad reception. Last year we had an old school house theme and I thought truly, we could not surpass that amazing-ness. Somehow, we did.
These year, we based it off of "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Suess. I had never read the book until I started planning the details, but it is an amazing book. I recommend as a grad gift, or for someone who is about to go through any change in life.
It is always so much fun thinking of the little details. I have people that that talk to me about planning parties, and feel overwhelmed at the process. One thing that I always tell them is to first think of a theme. Without the theme, nothing is co-hesive.
I always start with a inspiration board which gets my ideas and thoughts in one place.
This is the inspiration board I made for the Grad reception. After gathering ideas, thinking of the space, & searching online this was easy to put together and kept my thoughts in one place.
I used cute sayings from the book to advertise the event as well as signage through the decor.
This sign stole the show! I love having such creative friends!
Having green eggs and ham was a must since when you think of Dr. Suess, you think of green eggs & ham. It was a huge hit! Seriously, people were downright giddy. :)
Much Love,
E.

Photo Credit: Angela Napiwocki {Love her!}

1 comment:

  1. Good literature & parties & food are my favorite mix!! Wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete

Twitter