Thursday, September 3, 2009

a few of my favorite things...

I love this song from The Sound of Music. It tugs on my heart strings and brings me back to childhood days..."raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens...bright paper packages tied up with string"...But what I love best about the song is the simplicity of it. The things that Maria found JOY in were simple and everyday. Sometimes in life we can get so caught up in the rush from here to there that we don't stop and notice the beautiful world around us. This is something I am constantly working at and aiming to achieve and slowly, getting better at. I desire to soak in the rays of summers last days and sit on the deck and watch my kids play baseball with the neighbors.
So, I challenge you, as I am often challenged, to soak it all in. "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

Share with me friends! How are you soaking in the goodness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter